Summer Teacher Institute (STI)
STI 2007 will be occuring at South Valley Campus of Central New Mexico
Community College (CNM) in Albuquerque July 8-20, 2007.
See map of and to the
CNM South Valley Campus.
Here is a flyer advertising the Institute
Here is another flyer advertising the Institute mentioning
the $90,000 in scholarships to be given away in April 2008. (or the Word
The STI will be a three-credit graduate-level course. ST 589 from New Mexico
Tech in Socorro. Students that want credit will have to
for admission to NMT and then enroll. Students that do not anticipate
obtaining a degree at NMT need to fill out the
Admission as a Special Student form.
deadlines for the 2007-2008 Supercomputing Challenge.
Out of town participants will be housed at the
Hawthorn Inn & Suites on Gibson Boulevard in Albuquerque
(Exit 222 off of I-25).
Meet the Instructors or
a message to the STI Instructors (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STI begins at 5:00 July 8th in the Executive Conference Center at the Hawthorn
Inn & Suites, 1511 Gibson Boulevard SE, Albuqueque. The daily schedule will be
8:15 to 4:45 or so on the 9th through the 13th and the 16th through the 20th
with all classes held at the
South Valley Campus.
We will be using classrooms SV-53, SV-55, SV-57, and SV-104 on the
Project Final Reports
- Ideal Gas Law, Janet and Karen
- Pollute River, Jose Marcos and Bob
- Got Gas?, Jim and Michael
- I-25 Traffic, Robert, Susan, Kenda
- Railrunner and I-25 Impact, Shirley and Sandra
See pictures of our activities.
See what last year's STI was like.
- August 1995, 27 teachers, Los Alamos
- June 1996, 26 teachers, Portales
- July 1996, 27 teachers, Las Cruces
- July 1997, 47 teachers, Socorro
- June 1998, 16 teachers, Highlands-Las Vegas
- August 1998, 15 teachers, Highlands-Las Vegas
- June 1999, 15 teachers, NMSU-Las Cruces
- June 2000, 12 teachers, WNMU-Silver City
- June 2001, 19 teachers, NM Tech-Socorro
- June 2002, 14 teachers, San Juan College-Farmington
- July 2003, 23 teachers, San Juan College-Farmington
- June 2004, 11 teachers, Webinar/Highland High/Albuquerque
- July 2005, 19 teachers, Alamogordo High School
- July 2006, 15 teachers, Santa Fe Indian School
- July 2007, 15 teachers, CNM-Albuquerque